Crossovers?

What would you like to see FF7 crossed over with? Or seen one you like recently?

For some unknown-to-me reason, I keep musing on an FF7-Alien crossover, where Vincent’s unfortunate OC kid cousin is stuck on the Sevastopol. FF7 already has a villainous alien! I don’t even think it would work as a story, there’s just something so comically bad about the situation that it appeals.

Oh just noticed this is the crossovers thread and I think you were replying to the post in WIPs! Maybe a chance to test out mod post-moving capabilities? xD

Edit: looks like staff can’t move individual replies to other threads, can just recategorize the whole thread. Well that’s not too surprising. It’s on users to move their own individual replies, then.

Double edit: oh, actually, we can, button’s just in a weird place, ignore that.

Yes. I tried to delete it but couldn’t figure out how, and when I tried to re-post in the correct thread I was told I couldn’t because my post was too similar to one I’d already posted - which is a good defense against bots. And then I was tired and went to bed. I will try to move it soon.

Yeah discourse has a lot of those sorts of settings automatically; we should be able to turn any off that we find restrictive, but there are so many that after turning off a few obvious ones I decided the easiest way to find the irritating ones would just be to use the site. I’ll delete these last few responses in a bit so the thread’s on topic again.

I think it was my fault. I was very tired, and I haven’t spent enough time learning the system.

Long ago when I was still watching Dr Who I started writing a Dr Who/FFVII crossover. The Doctor is whizzing through the universe in the Tardis with either Donna or Martha (my two favourites) and they decide to stop to watch a planet die. Suddenly the Doctor gets a reading of a still-warm lifeform moving on the surface of this planet that’s about to self-implode, so he and the sidekick head down and rescue Vincent Valentine, who tells them his sad story. Now obviously the sticky situation Shinra got the planet into is absolutely the kind of mess the Doctor loves solving, so he/she takes the Tardis back in time and makes everybody (eventually) see sense. Plenty of opportunities for using the sonic screwdriver! I am not a huge Dr Who nerd so i don’t know if she/he has ever had to deal with a Planet that’s actually alive and semi-sentient, but it would be interesting to eavesdrop on the Doctor trying to reason with Sephiroth and Jenova.

I was trying to write it as serious drama but clearly it can only be a farce. Because I’d picked the wrong tone and style, I kept getting bogged down, and then I grew bored and abandoned it.

1 Like

That does sound hard to sustain as a serious fic! I could see it being easier if kept to a few thousand words, but I’m just picturing Sephiroth there like ‘this is my mum’ and the Doctor like ‘no it isn’t, don’t be silly’.