Ruby and Emerald

Did you ever beat 'em? I did NOT. Am I even a Real Fan? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I beat Emerald but not Ruby. I am 50% fan! And at least 50% human!

1 Like

Iā€™ve never even tried to fight Emerald; I tried once to beat Ruby but I just donā€™t have the patience.

1 Like

I tried both but it was in the days before I had access to a strategy guide for it (and tbf, if I had one, Idk why Iā€™d bother; I donā€™t think they form a step on the way to any other quest that I can remember so Iā€™d just be testing whether I could follow instructions). I never figured out the trick either of them at the time, not even the first detail to how Emerald workedā€¦ Iā€™m not sure if I even realised how the underwater materia worked, let alone the relation between equipping materia and damage-done. I just remember that thereā€™s one location underwater (mayyyyybe the entrance to the Gelnika?) where Emerald often spawns RIGHT THERE, and it used to make me jump. :P

1 Like

Whenever I picture Emerald swimming around, I picture him with a little smile on his face. But Iā€™m confused because he doesnā€™t really have a face. Yet in my head he seems to have a little smiley skull faceā€¦ I canā€™t work out what angle Iā€™m remembering or if I just imagined it.

1 Like

Is it this angle?

Not quite a skull, though, and ā€œsmileyā€ is debatable. Heā€™s like a very toothy Yoshi.

1 Like

Not that one; I was thinking of when he was swimming on the world map; I picture him as a kind of undead smiley starfish. I did find a gif that miiiight explain it:

or possibly I was seeing the little red lights as his eyes so heā€™s got a doofy little smile:

1 Like

These are both extremely cute. I love the new Emerald and his doofy face. :D

1 Like

Yeah, I always had a soft spot for him even though he killed me every time. I used to make the submarine follow him about. I think I liked that he always seemed to be in a hurry.

1 Like