Whose furniture is it?

I do like that Elena backstory for chair. If it were next to a much uglier chair in the shop… she’d convince herself it was a fun art piece. Then be like ‘wtf is this’ the next day. She’d hope it wasn’t that bad, the others would confirm that it really was that bad… Tseng would see it at an inconvenient moment… Poor Laney. One could write a long comedy thing of her trying and failing to get rid of the chair…

I think it is a chair that has ended up in 7th Heaven or something like that. It’s a chair that floats from building to building and nobody knows where it originated. It’s a slum staple, and surprisingly comfortable even though it looks cursed. Kids like it. The legs hurt like anything if you stub your toe on them, though. There are rumours that someone made it in tribute to Tifa, but the eyes are the wrong colour.

The first person I pictured in that brown chair was Tseng. I have a feeling Licorice will regard this as sacrilege. I didn’t see it as a croissant-chair until she pointed it out. Maybe Elena would like that one, actually.

New chair!

1 Like

Yuffie sees it and says, “Oh gawd Vinnie look this should totally be in your gothic mansion.”

I couldn’t see Tseng buying the croissant chair but I could see him inheriting it and using it because he just doesn’t ever really think about it.

For me it’s got to be Scarlet again. She gives off such strong great white hunter memsahib vibes.

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t think he’d buy it, but I could picture him leaving it in place if he moved somewhere furnished like that. Though suspect Tseng as I tend to write him wouldn’t move into a pre-furnished apartment…

2 Likes

I imagine Rude really likes croissants. He convinced Tseng or the office manager to buy those chairs for everyone when they were on sale, without mentioning why. They look enough like normal office furniture for him to have plausible deniability. Reno knows what’s up. Tseng suspects, but has never asked. Elena enjoys them. I hadn’t considered Heidegger, though I would guess he likes them too.

Sephiroth wouldn’t notice he was being interviewed in a giant croissant. It’s probably for the best.

The antler chair makes me think of Icicle Inn. I could see it in the inn itself, or the large house with the glacier map.

2 Likes

I find something jenova-ish about the chair, though not the colour. I think that’s where it hangs out when its in its bossfight form. I keep seeing those things at the ends of the arms as eyeballs, wrapped by tentacles… The bit around the head also reminds me of the architecture in the City of the Ancients. But I can also see it matching with Scarlet or the Icicle Inn aesthetic, maybe in an actual inn there. Or maybe it just grew organically out of Mt Nibel… this is what happens when too much mako gets on a sofa…

He’d be so offended. :smile:

Next: this (nervous? excited?) chair:

1 Like

It’s Palmer’s and it’s trying to get away from him before he spills lardy tea on it again.

Actually I could see Yuffie liking it.

2 Likes

It’s Cait Sith’s! The moogle sits on the horizontal part, and Cait uses the vertical part as a scratching post.

Whose pixelated furniture is this?

2 Likes

I wish I could draw so I could make this! xD

As for the cabinet, hm… will need to think about it… Something about it really disturbs me, though. Looks like it got infected by 2D jenova.

1 Like

:D

Edit: every time I draw him I forget his crown. Let’s say he’s taken it off because he’s at home.

1 Like

:D Maybe it fell down behind the mog! I like how frenzied he looks; matches the energy I pictured.

I did also like Licorice’s suggestion it was avoiding Palmer’s lardy tea, forgot to say that that made me giggle.

edit: still can’t decide who the cabinet belongs to. Think I’ll say one of the sages at the Temple of the Ancients. Maybe the Ancients had 8 bit games after all!

*(I am saying ‘after all’ just so it sounds like there was some pre-existing discourse on this matter. Apparently I’m in the mood to troll in specific and esoteric ways.)

1 Like

No way they didn’t play games on that giant waterfall screen in the City of the Ancients. :D Though idk if that tech would’ve gone through an 8 bit phase.

I was thinking that Sephiroth would get bored in the crater, and he’d pass the time by decorating it with matching furniture. Just offscreen in the Jenova Synthesis fight is a pile of blocky green sofas and side tables.

1 Like

Let’s start a bitter flamewar over whether it did or not! I’ll maintain that the counting system of the Ancients was base 7, so it was impossible.

My brain squooshed this sentence together so I read it as ‘blocky green tables’ and pictured a snooker table. So I guess Sephiroth is running an irresponsible startup down there. He and a team of unfortunate new grads mine Jenovacoin on a botnet of ex-Shinra servers. You’re allowed to bring your dog to work and there’s a climbing wall in the office. But there’s also Jenova Synthesis. It’s not for everyone.

It’s been a while but LOOK

Whose is this? I need answers! :joy: